The Chapel's plain exterior gives little hint of the riches within
Rug is a rare example of a little-altered private 17th-century chapel. Built for Colonel William Salusbury in 1637, its interior reflects the Colonel's 'High Church' religious views. Fine 17th-century interior fittings are characterised by extensive carvings and decoration.
Religiously glorious in glorious technicolour. Never judge a chapel, or a church for that matter, by its exterior. Step inside Rug Chapel and prepare to be wowed by its decorative flourishes.
Parking available on site.