On mountainside slopes, the extensive remains of a 13th century Cistercian abbey
Valle Crucis, the 'Valley of the Cross', is named after Eliseg's Pillar, a 9th century Christian memorial cross which stands nearby. Visitors today can enjoy the extensive remains of the Cistercian abbey beneath Llangollen's steep sided mountains.
The church dates from the thirteenth century, and the east range of the cloister was remodelled around 1400. Many original features remain, including the glorious west front complete with an elaborate, richly carved doorway and a fine collection of medieval memorial sculpture.
Parking available on site.